Friday, June 24, 2005

How This Mess Started...Part I

I first started making jewelry by accident. After going to the bead shops and shows with a jewelry making friend many times I happened to pick up a book of Japanese beading. Seeing an alternative way of using beads than what was around got me interested. It was only then I wanted to make something with beads. That was a little more then a year and a half ago. Looking back, everything happened at warp speed. I'd have never thought I would have a website and be doing this full (yes, about 16 hours a day minus the interruptions in between) time. I didn't make things for myself and friends. I made things to sell. My satisfaction came from real people wanting to buy my jewelry.

The strange thing was I didn't really have the need to wear my jewelry. Strange because I've always been a major collector of bracelets, rings and earrings. I never wore things that didn't stand out or stand out as unique. For some reason I just wanted to design and create but not own and wear. All who knew me before would tell you that is strange indeed. Saga continues...

This image has nothing to do with this entry but I need pictures when I read. It's a great looking ring on the finger but goes unnoticed among all the other rings on the page.

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥ joleen ♥ said...

You make the most beautiful jewelry!!

I just saw where you're from and we're quite close. :) I am in Huntington Beach.

June 27, 2005  
Blogger uglyagnes said...

this stuff is so gorgeous! I love that bracelet and the cocktail rings!!

June 28, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks ladies. Joleen, I grew up in H.B.

June 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home