Tuesday, July 26, 2005

New Cuts of Gems


I've been loving the new cuts of gems out on the market these days, and this is one of them. These full briolettes of light amethyst with superb clarity are sophisticated. The shape and faceting give them the extra sparkle. Hold them up to the sunlight and watch the sparklies they cast...just like a disco ball. I've never been a real amethyst fan. Most of what I see out there are not gorgeous gorgeous. Many are such saturated purple(dyed) that they are not transparent and are just not of very good quality. These, on the other hand, are just beautiful! The full brio cut gives them the look of something organic, like seeds of a fruit. Can't wait to cut the strand and start!

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Stunning! Can't wait to see what you make of them :)

July 27, 2005  
Blogger Valerie said...

Wow! They absolutely look edible. I can't wait to see what you do with them either!

July 27, 2005  
Blogger Meg said...

Anne ~ Thanks for you kind comment re: my engagement :D

August 03, 2005  
Blogger trendoffice said...

Beutiful! I envy you for the things you are doing!

January 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home