Friday, August 19, 2005

New Collection Coming Soon

I've been designing many new pieces, but wasn't planning on shooting a collection till later. It's just tons of work to get new pieces up on the site. The shoot, the edit, the pricing, the cataloging, the deleting of older styles, and the revamping of pages. By the time it's done they already look dated to my eye. I'm always a bit embarrassed of my previous collections even before I have a new collection completed. It's a little like looking back at your school pictures. A little immature or dorky. A little unsophisticated and dated. I almost don't want to own up to having anything to do with them. But I am always happy to see the growth and progress in my work. I always wonder where it will lead me as my designs keep evolving like they have a mind of their own. I'm just along for the ride, so I gave up trying to control it.

All this leads up to an unexpected photo shoot tomorrow! With one day's notice and no time to plan the collection. What will be will be. Amazingly, as I pull out all the pieces from the pile that I've been tossing all finished work into, they all look like a tightly planned collection. I guess my mind must have been in a particular mode, and without thinking all items produced with so many different materials are all as one style. I can't wait to have professional photos to use as all my bad photos are hurting my eyes.

Stayed tuned for a new look. It'll be a mini collection. Oh, I can barely stand the stuff that's there now!

As usual when there's no related image to post I'm including an unrelated image so there's eye candy for all. This is AAA grade setting gem quality Brazilian Amethyst with multi-faceted pointed underside for maximum sparkle. Truly beauteous.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Ah, giving up control… such a hard thing to do but it feels like huge relief when you manage to do so. At least for those precious few seconds (that’s what happens to me anyway) and that is wonderful how it worked out! Can’t wait to see your new collection; although I feel the need to point out that the old one is not shabby in any way!

August 22, 2005  
Blogger Lauren said...

Can't wait to see the new collection. It is hard not to be critical of past work...but each piece tells a story of where you were at that point in time. Your jewelry tells your story. Just because you are on to the next chapter doesn't make the previous one any less important.
I adore that purple piece...spectacular!

August 23, 2005  
Blogger LB said...

I have the same feeling about past pieces. In fact, my favorite piece is always the one I've just made. Sometimes I look at older pieces and I just feel mortified that I made that thing! Onward and forward!

August 25, 2005  
Blogger daru said...

hey anne,

TAG- you're it!
(check my blog for info...)

btw- that brazilian amethyst had my eyes glued to the screen. gorgeous.

August 26, 2005  
Blogger momo said...

beautiful amethyst pears! can't wait to see your new mini collection! =)

August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home