Friday, August 12, 2005

Shows and Tell

Someone has to stop me. I'm only telling you about a very small percentage of my stone acquisitions like those women who hide their new clothes in the back of the closet only to bring one or two out in well paced increments. Most still have tags on them while they are out hunting for more! That's me. To support this mortgage consuming habit I've started doing shows to keep the world around me from crumbling. The good thing is I meet lots of people and sell a good amount of jewelry. The bad thing is now I can justify my hoarding even more. As it turns out, most of my great designs never make it to the website now. I love the immediacy of selling it and not making it again as production is not my forte. Making a design a second time just doesn't have that energy I crave. The downside of this is when I do want to, I will not be able to get into national boutiques operating this way. But hey, it sure suits my personality.

Speaking of bringing out one or two items at a time, here is my one item this time. These are the most transparent large aquamarine nuggets I've seen. Usually untreated aquamarine this size are heavily included and opaque. These are incredibly vibrant with superb clarity to match. I know I always make cocktail rings out of nice nuggets but they will really look fabulous and irresistible. Oh, of course lets not forget the chunky bracelets too.

Be sure to check my show schedule and catch them if you're in the area. You really get a good deal on everything when you catch me in person. Also see all the one of a kind items that never make it to the website. They are some of my best work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole R.J. said...

I have to agree that one of the best things about selling lots at a show is that you HAVE to go and buy more! Vicious cycle! ;)

August 13, 2005  
Blogger Fern Lady said...

Oh! That Aquamarine is amazing--like some kind of lovely Mediterrean (bad spelling?) water!

August 15, 2005  
Blogger Meg said...

again a lovely photo... glad to hear I am not the only one with a hording issue!

August 15, 2005  
Blogger Anne said...

it's a disease!

August 16, 2005  
Blogger Meg said...

Hey Anne, Can you get on SB? I got a weird Forum... aggh, I am suffering from withdraw! :)

August 17, 2005  
Blogger rebecca said...

ohhhh.

i spy pretties. and in blue. blue is so my color and i've been drooling over the ring in you photo.

August 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home