Friday, August 05, 2005

Will the REAL Raspberry Quartz Please Stand Up

Isn't it silly that I won't write because I don't have a picture to go with the entry? I bought so many delicious new gemstones at the last trade show but have no photos to post. The photos I take don't accurately represent what I see in person so I will not use them.

I have a new stone called Raspberry Quartz and it's clear as rock quartz except it has these tiny red flakes caused by mica giving it its raspberry color. These red flakes gather only on one end of the stone leaving the rest clear. Sounds bizarre with looks to match. This is not the dyed opaque glass bead that's commonly referred to as raspberry quartz. I am sure this is not a new stone but just new on the gemstone bead market. Now, this is only one of the few new gems that I've seen at the trade shows and they are not common yet. Future entries I will talk about other new gemstones I purchased.

I think I should give photographing the gems another try. It's just not the same not having an image to show along side an entry. Especially an odd new gem.

Ok. Here are my unprofessional photos of Raspberry Quartz. They look pretty amazing made into earrings and rings. Will do bracelet when I get a chance. Will have to have an equally strong clasp to match these unique stones.


Also known as lepidocrocite.



2 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hey, for a non-pro I think they look good! What an unusal stone, looks like it will be a lot of fun to work with!

August 10, 2005  
Blogger daru said...

i agree! very unique, very interesting. have fun with it!

August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home