Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Vacation

On my way to Italy via Boston. We will be staying in a villa in Tuscany. Also planned is a trip to the Vatican which I look forward to. I've always had a thing for all the ceremonial pageantry of Catholicism, even before I knew there were different kinds of Christians. I've long had a fascination with crucifixes, frankincense, religious artifacts, triptychs, illuminated books/bibles, ornate carvings, rosaries, old ladies with black lace over their heads praying, catacombs... I can certainly use some Holy water sprinkled on me to cast out the demons. No more chaotic ideas coming out of my ears and hair standing on my head. I'll be back a new person with organized ideas.

I've also had to give in and design a sub collection last week. I've been trying to not design all the time and only when the market calls for it, but this one just erupted. It hurts somewhere to not let it out so I had to do it. I love it and can't wait to shoot it and post it; but it will have to wait till much later.

Let's see, I've posted all of the crosses and metals so I will show you shots of them layered.

2 Comments:

Blogger LB said...

Anne, you crack me up. Go get some holy water, girlfriend. Have a great trip, and post pix!

July 21, 2006  
Blogger Valerie said...

oh, sooooooooo jealous! Florence is my favorite place on earth. Make sure to visit any decorative arts museums you come across, you'll love the renaissance (and older, in Rome anyway) jewelry!

July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home