Monday, December 04, 2006

Shape of the Future

I have a thing about earring hooks. Seems I can barely tolerated the manufactured ear wires of any kind anymore. I don't think that one has to make everything or that bought parts are evil or anything. I just need to have the ear wire be very much a part of the whole look of the earrings. Many of my earrings are designed to accommodate the ear wire, either that or I come up with the shape best for the stone. Now and then there is a design that needs the traditional ear wire but I think it's inevitable that in the future I go down the path of metal fabrication even though I don't have the time for classes or the space to house the equipment. To me the shape of the wire make or breaks the style of the earrings.

Here are some favorite handcrafted ear wire shapes at the moment.


3 Comments:

Blogger My Marrakech said...

So lovely. Esp. like the top and bottom right.

December 08, 2006  
Blogger bonnindesigns said...

You go girl. You're right about earwires! By the way, I just love your necklace designs these days. I'm in Awe.

December 12, 2006  
Anonymous Linda said...

I agree and think your designs are TOTALLY beautiful.

December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home