Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Design Inspiration

I am itching to start the next collection although this is NOT the right time. I am also trying to finish some interview questions from a Japanese fashion website. I used to ramble on a bit more about my thoughts on design then I have recently. Since I'm lazy I will post some of my answers here. Answering these questions make me realize I am very much of an 'unplanned' type of person. It seems I purposely not think about how to go about things. I just let things happen and follow my first instinct and reaction and see where they lead me. I used to not be like this. Probably as I get older I find that I don't need to control things or have controlled situations anymore. It does feel freer and I feel good about being truer to myself.

Here is a part of the interview that relates to spontaneity. The question is 'What is your greatest inspiration when you design'.

My inspiration come from the materials I happen to use. The materials I use is what I happen to see and fall in love with. It’s all very unplanned and I have no idea where the next collection will be until it hits me. I know this is probably not the way most designers work but I love working this way. I have complete faith that it will be good in the way that I will love it. The suspense and surprise of the future is what feeds me.

7 Comments:

Blogger APlanet4Creation said...

Love your work! I can't wait to see what you do next.

November 30, 2007  
Blogger Valley Girl said...

As long as you're following you gut, it will most certainly be good.

December 01, 2007  
Blogger WendyB said...

Is the Japanese site "Flashfilm"?

December 03, 2007  
Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Lili and Valley Girl!

Wendy, it is. I've been sitting on it for a bit too long. Got to get on it. Love to read yours if you are doing it too.

December 03, 2007  
Blogger Steph said...

I tend to create the way you do ... I dont design the things I make ... The materials inspire me ... sometimes I have an idea and just have to make it real ...

December 15, 2007  
Blogger Anne said...

Steph, it really leads you instead of you leading it.

December 15, 2007  
Blogger masaoms said...

Hello Anne! I have posted your work at my blog, nice pieces and nice stones!! Best regards and Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home