Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring Collection - Lemon Quartz Ring

he Spring Collection is pretty much finished though I have more interesting materials that have not been used yet. Maybe I should save them for the next collection since this collection is already full of interesting items. One of my main areas that needs discipline is in keeping the collection at a manageable and reasonable number of pieces. Sometimes it's not good to just indulge one's whim.

This is one of the rings I'll have in the new collection. The lemon quartz is a unique shape. It is both modern and classic. It reminds me of a graphic drawing of a traditional diamond shape.
 



7 Comments:

Blogger jenny vorwaller said...

oh my goodness! this is spectacular! the color, the clarity... but most of all, i love the way that you've twisted the ring in the back...

March 11, 2008  
Blogger Anne said...

Thank you Jenny! I've had so much fun creating this new collection. It's full of new ideas and I feel like I'm in new territory again. I love that feeling. It's what keeps me going.

March 11, 2008  
Blogger In Yr Fshn said...

This is gorgeous. I absolutely cannot wait to see the spring collection!

March 13, 2008  
Blogger bronwyn said...

I just discovered your blog - I love your rings. This lemon quartz is beautiful, one of my favourite stones, and the dandric quartz rings at the bottom are simply spectacular!!!

March 15, 2008  
Blogger Anne said...

in yr fashn, I can't wait to get it live. I keep adding items thus delaying the whole process.

bronwyn, thanks for visiting! Yellow is a favorite in gemstone for me too. That dandric is great looking stone but I can't find too many that look that good.

March 16, 2008  
Blogger Catherine Chandler said...

I love this! I've just learned how to make my own prong settings and am exploring with cabochons for the moment. Great work! I'm sorry you've had people copying your work...it's one of the worst feelings, and the whole "copying is the highest form of flattery" just doesn't apply.

March 22, 2008  
Anonymous Elsita :) said...

Wow!
I love this ring so much!
:)

April 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home