Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Collection Lapis Lazuli Ring

This is another ring from the new collection soon to be released. This is a perfect half geode of lapis lazuli of intense blue with a star burst in the center. I have both halves of the geode was was saving the set for a pair of earrings with 22k gold when I unintentionally sculpted the ring base for this ring. Being the impulsive, spur-the-moment person that I am, I decided to cast the ring. I would have preferred 22k or 24k gold with this intense blue but this coil design satisfy enough of my desire to see lapis in ancient treasure settings...anything ancient Egyptian or Chinese.




Raw geode lapis lazuli, Rough gemstone organic ring. Hand sculpted cast sterling.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

The colour is quite astounding...just beautiful! I'd love to do a blog post on these pieces :)

May 22, 2009  
Blogger Anne said...

I'd be honored Kate! Love your blog and your choices of jewelry. I will let you know when the collection is live.

May 24, 2009  
Blogger Marta Miguel Martínez-Soria said...

lovely piece, it´s amazing this blue color it is my favourite semiprecious stone
;)

October 26, 2009  
Blogger Megan and Kristin said...

OMG, that that electric blue hue. So beautiful!

November 30, 2009  
Anonymous Lapis Lazuli Rings said...

Love the deep blue of Lapis Lazuli rings. This is a fine piece.

May 08, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

Super gorgeous. But that's an azurite nodule, not lapis. Just as cool, though.

September 17, 2013  
Blogger jean liu said...

Are this ring for sale? How much is it?

January 07, 2014  
Blogger Anne said...

No matter how many of this style ring I make they sell out. Here is a similar ring:

http://www.annemaadesigns.com/product/azurite-geode-rings

When I find more good stones I will be making more. Likely in bronze.

January 08, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home