Monday, August 06, 2012

The Power of the Beauty

Of the hundreds of thousands of minerals on display and available to me at the Tucson gem show I ended up with a few dozens of them.  How did I choose these out of all the ones I saw?  Purely by instinct, intuition and visuals.  Aside from looking the way I want them to look, the minerals I ended up with all have the properties I need, as I found out recently when I looked them up.  I have to say that if you are indecisive and aren't good at scanning large expanses of table tops at a fast walking pace you would be at these shows forever, thus  never cover a small fraction of the shows available.   Here is a stilbite, as used in this Frosty Stilbite Pendant necklace, a stone I repeated bought in different forms from different suppliers.  Out of seas of stones I always spotted them.  

 


Here is the one I play with.
 
This is what ThunderHealing.com says about stilbite:

Stilbite is a powerful mineral.
It helps with psychic knowing and intuition.
It is also used for psychic direction and guidance from guides, guardian angels, and totem animals.
Stilbite is also a powerful stone of creativity that enhances creative energy.
It heightens many physical senses, particularly taste.
Stilbite can also help with acceptance and letting go.
It is also used for manifestation.
Physically, stilbite is used to remove toxins, and for laryngitis.
Stilbite is associated with the heart, crown, and throat chakras. 


I know most people do amethysts, citrines and crystals but don't you think stilbite is much more interesting looking in form and texture?

3 Comments:

Blogger drollgirl said...

omfg. i LOVE it. you have a good eye. you know what you are doing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

August 13, 2012  
Anonymous Elise Lin said...

Your jewelry is beautiful!! Ages ago I was interested in minerals and collected some, but I didn't know stilbite. It looks like besides being pretty, it has some amazing properties.

September 10, 2012  
Blogger Anne said...

Hey Drollie, I love your blog. Always an interesting interruption when I need it!

Elise, I love rocks and minerals of all kinds and have always hoarded what I can, or can't. I just recently started looking up what some of them mean and am not so surprised to find that the ones I have are the one I seem to need.

September 10, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home